We collect our customers’ name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, company name, phone number, IP address, information about orders you initiate, and information about the device and browser you use.
- We use this information for supporting and processing orders, risk and fraud screening, authentication, and payments. We also use this information to improve our Services.
- We don't store your bank/credit card information. That is directly provided to ccavenue by you and processed accordingly.
- In case, you create a fast checkout account with ccavenue, they may store this information for you.
We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making -- for example, we use certain personal information (for example, ip addresses or payment information) to automatically block certain potentially fraudulent transactions for a short period of time.
When do we collect this information?
We collect this information when you use or access a store that uses our Services, such as when you visit our website, place an order or sign up for an account
Additionally, our service provider Shopify partners with third parties who provide us information about our customers, for example to help them screen out merchants associated with fraud.
When and why do we share this information with third parties?
Shopify works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide our merchants with the Services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- If the merchant whose store you visit or access directs us to transfer this information (for example, if they enable a third party app that accesses customer personal information).
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
Personal information may also be shared with a company that acquires our business or the business of a merchant whose store you visit or access, whether through merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or other similar transaction or proceeding.
Shopify is responsible for all onward transfers of personal information to third parties in accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).